Billions of Google searches occur daily, and only 15% of those searches are new to the search engine. In order for Google to rank your website high on the search list, there are a bunch of factors to take into consideration. One important factor is SEO copywriting. If you want to see an increase in traffic on your site, read on…
What is SEO copywriting?
Search Engine Optimization copywriting, commonly known as SEO copywriting, is a digital marketing practice that creates keyword-optimized, formatted, and written content to entertain users and appeal to search engine algorithms like Google.
To simplify, SEO copywriting is written content that Google understands as information that users will want to click on, read, and share. The key to writing effective SEO copywriting, it is imperative that the information written relating to a business is not robotic and has an entertainment flair to it to engage readers.
To understand this calculated method of SEO copywriting, see below.
Robotic content written for search engines
Are you hungry? Here are some restaurants near you. Always use this app to find restaurants near you.
Entertaining content for users that are not optimized (No keywords)
Impress your client and have your meetings at some of the most elite restaurants in New York. Nothing screams client appreciation like a Micheline restaurant in Soho.
Creative and optimized content for readers and search engines
Are you looking to impress your client by having one of your meetings at a Micheline star restaurant in New York? Use our restaurant map that shows high-end restaurants near you.
Why is SEO important?
It is one thing to have an impeccable website copy on a site. However, on the other spectrum, if a site is not optimized with SEO benefits, the Google ranking of the site will not be on the front page. This means that the site will need to rely on word of mouth and referrals solely.
To climb to the top page of a search engine like Google, see our Google ranking tips that will help understand why SEO copy is so important. Being completely transparent, having a top Google rank is all about strategizing with calculated SEO movements that improve your position on a search engine page. You can check your Google ranking in tools such as SemRush and AHREFS. You usually need to pay for analytic tools to access this type of data.
- A simplified user experience
- Content optimized for SEO
- Backlinks. Backlinks are links from one website page to another, which helps make your site more credible.
- Website and page speeds
- Adjust broken links
- Images must be optimized. Optimizing your website images means reducing them in size whilst upholding their quality to ensure they don’t slow your website down.
- Never underestimate the use of H1 and H2 header tags. H1 headings include keywords that explain the subject. H2 headings break and format your content into subcategories to make it easier for Google to scan and read the page. The rule is only to have one H1 heading and as many H2 headings as you want because they’re subheadings.
- Optimize your site for local searches
- Optimize your site for voice searches
Top SEO benefits
Nearly every business that has a website online utilizes search engine traffic. The advantage of SEO is that it is more accessible than many think. Compared to paying for traditional print ads and paid posts, understanding SEO basics leads to long-term benefits for your business and its online profile. There are a variety of benefits that come from SEO copywriting, and some of them are:
- It invites more customers through organic keyword searches.
- It creates a direct and authentic experience for users.
- Your website will reflect reliability if it ranks well on search engines.
- It inspires business owners to take control of user experience.
- Increases brand awareness.
- It is budget-friendly.
- Reporting is simplified, making it easy to track analytics and data.
- It is a silent amplifier on other marketing strategies.
How to measure success?
By using paid or free analytical tools like SEMRush or AHREFS, you can seamlessly track clicks, views, organic traffic and where your audience comes from.
Getting a high-level overview of your statistics will also help you understand the difference between organic traffic versus paid.
Where to start?
Focus on your business and leave your SEO up to the experts. Contact our experts at Four Leaves Digital for more info.